Accounts Payable Clerk
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under general direction, handles Accounts Payable and Cash disbursements accurately and timely|
|Duties:||• Check and verify regular entry detail for Accounts Payable on a daily basis. Insures final approval and signature on checks by Company officer.|
• Verifies that invoices are properly coded and approved.
• Enters all invoices into the Payable System.
• Summarizes batches and totals Cash Disbursements.
• Performs three-way match between Invoice, Purchase Order and Receipt information for all inventory invoice processing.
• Works with Purchasing and Receiving to resolve three-way match discrepancies.
• Watches vendor payment terms closely to insure the company capitalizes on all term discounts where possible.
• Processes two check runs weekly
• Effectively work with vendors to resolve payment/invoice issues.
• Responsible for gathering information to file 1099's in a timely manner.
• Maintains organized filing of records related to accounts payable.
• Process debit memos for defective product returns and tracks them on the Intranet.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Two year business degree or 1-2 years experience in Accounting with an automated system.|
• Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge desirable.
• Excellent 10 key and data entry skills.
• Ability to review requests for payment, determine if statement is valid and correct in all aspects.
• Failure to make timely payments could affect the Company's reputation adversely.
• Improper or untimely payment of Accounts Payable accounts directly reflects on profitability of the Company through lost discounts and improper payment to vendors.
• Ability to respond clearly and accurately under pressure is sometimes necessary.
• Ability to work well with others.
• High degree of accuracy.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.