|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Category Manager is responsible for the sale, profitability and inventory of specific classes of product by creating strategic plans and merchandising programs to optimize product class performance.|
|Duties:||• Manage major product category consisting of a large number of SKUs, managing all aspects of product life cycle. |
• Develop merchandising concepts, product and promotional plans that strategically drive category growth while continually evaluating “product mix” to ensure customer satisfaction, increase market penetration and competitive advantage.
• Perform Category/line analysis and presentations to optimize product assortments, pricing, promotion and merchandising placement across all business units in order to achieve targeted sales, gross margin, percent and dollar goals; monitor and report on performance of key metrics.
• Determine standard and promotional product pricing through competitive analysis, industry research, store visits and product pricing strategies.
• Collaborate with vendors to review new products, promotional opportunities and assortment tactics; ensure most favorable every day and promotional costs; obtain “special buys” to translate into marketing opportunities; timely vendor communication and execution of plans.
• Provide cross-functional team leadership ensuring that all team members are clear on category strategies and deliverables; provide clear direction to team members to ensure clean execution of new product launches and product changes; develop strong business partnerships with key internal teams:
o Rockler Proprietary New Product Development team: to assist with the creation of and clean execution of innovative Rockler products that support category objectives and opportunities;
o Supply Chain team/Buyer: to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve supply chain efficiencies through domestic and global sourcing initiatives; build strong vendor relationships; ensure coordinated communication and execution of plans to ensure optimization of inventory and logistical planning.
o Sales & Marketing teams: to share category strategies while providing product and category expertise to support sales, marketing and other internal efforts; provide clear direction and support to various channels to execute effective merchandising displays.
• Evaluate industry and competitive trends; define and act on new opportunities.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. |
• 5+ years experience in category management and product class field
• 5+ years experience in multi-channel merchandising (internet, catalog, retail)
• Proficient with MS Office
• Strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
• Flexible team player able to lead cross-functional teams
• Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Maintains a sense of urgency while managing multiple tasks.
• Ability to think creatively and innovatively to drive results strategically.
• Woodworking experience/background required.
• Limited travel to vendors and tradeshows required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.