Assistant Store Manager - Arlington, Tx
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for establishing and maintaining Customer Services, is accountable for the ensuring of maximum sales and profitability through sales, merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage in support of the Store Manager. |
|Duties:||• Train, develop and communicate with all staff as well as assess performance on a regular basis.|
• Implement and maintain customer service standards to ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and offering complete product knowledge.
• Assist in assigning daily goals and tasks. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
• Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures through regular store walk-through, audits, etc.
• Control expenses and shrink to optimize store profitability
• Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation and signing standards.
• Ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
• Evaluate and react to performance issues with the support of the store manager.
• Train, develop and monitor store personnel. Ensure all company training requirements are fully met.
• Support local marketing events (classes, demos, etc.) and events attracting new customers to meet sales objectives.
• Any other responsibilities ad assigned by Supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration or related field desirable.|
• Prior supervisory/leadership experience in a work setting desirable
• 1 to 3 years previous retail sales experience, preferably with a similar product line.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of woodworking supplies and hand/power woodworking tools required.
• Ability to motivate subordinates for top performance.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, personally lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and participate in team lifting.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.