Store Manager - Pasadena, CA
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||A Store Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining Customer Services, oversees and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through sales, merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.|
|Duties:||• Recruit, train, develop and communicate with all staff as well as assess performance on a regular basis. |
• Implement and maintain Customer Service standards to ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer and offering complete product knowledge.
• Plan and assign daily goals, tasks and assignments. Assure proper completion through follow-up.
• Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through, audits, etc.
• Control expenses, payroll and shrink to optimize store profitability.
• Maintain all merchandising standards, display presentation and signing standards
• Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels of assortments in all departments, ensure selling floor is adequately stocked; maintain inventory levels within budgeted guidelines.
• Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit quality candidates.
• Train and develop assistant store management in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel
• Plan local marketing events (classes, demos, etc.) and events attracting new customers to meet sales objectives.
• Comparison shop and report results; share information with Supervisor and make appropriate price recommendations.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
|Qualifications:||• B.S. degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration or related field desirable.|
• Prior supervisory/leadership experience in a work is desirable.
• 1 to 3 years previous retail sales experience, preferably with a similar product line.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of woodworking supplies and hand/power woodworking tools required.
• Ability to motivate subordinates for top performance.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, personally lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and participate in team lifting.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.